At Merakey, we are committed to providing the highest quality services and a zero-tolerance environment for abuse of any kind for those within our care. That’s why, we are partnering with Praesidium, the national leader in abuse risk management and have received accreditation. Accreditation from Praesidium demonstrates our commitment to meeting and exceeding the highest industry standards in safety and abuse prevention.
What is Praesidium?
Praesidium is the national leader in abuse risk management. Their mission is to help organizations protect those in their care from abuse and to help preserve trust in their company.
Why is Merakey partnering with Praesidium?
Merakey is committed to providing the highest quality services and a zero-tolerance environment for abuse of any kind for those within our care. The Merakey community deserves the highest level of safety and abuse protection and pursuing Praesidium Accreditation creates a pathway to align the organization’s purpose and values with best practices in abuse prevention. Not only does Praesidium protect those we serve, but it protects all of us working here at Merakey as well.
Policies and Procedures
Merakey Code of Conduct and Integrity Program
Merakey maintains an organization-wide Code of Conduct and Integrity Program to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, contracts, government and payer requirements, and to foster the highest ethical standards in business and service delivery practices. Merakey has integrated regulatory and core value initiatives into the Code of Conduct and Integrity Program to create better opportunities for preventing compliance violations by establishing best practices throughout the organization.
Merakey employees shall not have physical or intimate relationships with any individual receiving services, waiting for, or receiving an evaluation and/or treatment or any individual who has received services but has been discharged. In addition, unless authorized to do so, Merakey employees shall not reside with, employ, be employed by, provide housing to, room or board within the confines of their home to any individual receiving services, awaiting or receiving evaluation and/or treatment, or to any individual receiving services discharged from service. Such authorization must be in writing from the appropriate Merakey senior executive leadership.
Employees are responsible to use social media in an ethical, compliant, and lawful manner, consistent with Merakey’s purpose, core values, and Merakey Policies and Standards. Inappropriate postings that may include discriminatory remarks, harassment, and threats of violence or similar inappropriate or unlawful conduct will not be tolerated.
Fraud Waste, and Abuse and Integrity Program Policy
- All employees and contractors must exercise their duty to prevent fraud, waste, and abuse at Merakey. Such duties include, but are not limited to, complying with all policies, laws, and applicable regulations, and reporting all concerns and suspicions regarding fraud, waste, and abuse, non-compliance, and unethical behavior. Merakey has also established a compliance program for the prevention and detection of fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Potential violations of laws, regulations or other requirements, can be reported anonymously to the QCO via email to QCO@merakey.org or by calling the Helpline at 1–888–439–0100.
Formal Complaint Policy
- Individuals served, parents/guardians, family members, or any other representative of an individual served have the right to file a verbal or written Formal Complaint or Appeal regarding the exercise of their rights or quality of service or treatment at a Merakey facility, or who become aware of concerning behavior.
- The Formal Complaint Policy is shared with all individuals and parents/guardians annually and is included in any organization handbook or manual.
Rights and Responsibilities and Consumer Care and Safety and What the Culture of Safety is at Merakey (provided at the start of services)
- How to Make a Formal Complaint (flyer)
- Safety Discussion Guide Training (video)