Substance Use Disorder Services
Merakey is committed to addressing the impact of addiction on the community, family, and individual. Merakey offers clients comprehensive clinical, evidence-based practice, and therapeutic programs which incorporate best-practice interventions using a multi-disciplinary team approach.
While Merakey provides services to those who struggle with addictions, we recognize that frequently there are also overlapping mental health issues that need to be addressed. Effective treatment necessitates treating psychological problems such as anger, depression, anxiety, poor impulse control, and Attention Deficit Disorders concurrently with chemical abuse. As a treatment team, Merakey offers personalized support, treating each client with dignity and respect. Merakey has an active consumer advocacy group.
Community Based Services
- Group and individual counseling
- Drug and alcohol education
- Life skills management
- Women's Trauma or TREM group
- Relapse prevention planning
- Mental health assessments
- Family counseling
- Narcotic outpatient detoxification program
- Medication management, including Methadone and SUBOXONE
- HIV counseling/testing and drug screening
- Annual TB testing, as well as Hepatitis B & C screening upon request
Site/Clinic Based Services
- Pharmacotherapy Programs provide comprehensive treatment for the relief of acute narcotic withdrawal symptoms through medication, including Methadone and SUBOXONE® when indicated.
- Therapeutic Modalities provide Drug Free & Medication Assisted and Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) provides an intensive level of treatment that includes individual counseling and three-hour group therapy sessions.
- Outpatient Program (OP) provides comprehensive treatment, including individual counseling and specialty groups that address cocaine dependence, parenting skills, life skills, 12-step programs, relapse prevention, culture-specific, and Women's Trauma or TREM group. Each client participates in the creation of an Individualized Treatment Plan that consists of setting goals and interventions.
To schedule an intake appointment or for more information about substance use disorder services in Philadelphia, please call: 1-866-647-0007.