Brook Spencer, Clinical Director at Merakey’s ABA Center in Dearborn, MI, established a way to motivate and encourage BCBAs and clinicians during this uncertain time. She has been giving virtual "awards" to recognize strengths of each staff member and uses those strengths to help the team develop together. Congratulations to the following staff for receiving these awards and Brook’s words of appreciation!
- BIGGEST CHEERLEADER/BIGGEST MOTIVATOR AWARD: SHAVAUGHN YOUNG
- During sessions, she literally makes me feel good about myself with her verbal praise. I can’t imagine how the clients feel! If you want a good model of behavioral momentum…this is your girl.
- MOST OBSERVANT AWARD: LAUREN GRUNDUSKI
The way you explain things… I feel like I am present in every single session of yours. Honestly makes my job a lot easier!
- PARENTS BIGGEST FAN AWARD: JACKLYN CARRILLO
You have gone above and beyond on performing parent trainings and finding time to present content in the most meaningful way.
- MOST REINFORCING AWARD: MALWINA POMICHOWSKA
- You always find activities the kids like that I’ve never seen before. You make the sessions seem so natural because the kids love you and are having so much fun!
- BEST TEAM PLAYER AWARD: TAYLOR ROSS
Your communication skills are excellent. You communicate constantly with your clients and those taking your cases to make sure your treatment is quality. I appreciate this Taylor and I know everyone else does as well!
- MOST FLEXIBLE/POSITIVITY AWARD: WISSEM AHMAD
You are always picking up last minute shifts, working the weekend so your clients’ needs are met, and providing support to everyone who asks. You never say, “I can’t,” it’s always, “I can”. If staff are having a bad day, I recommend they text you!
- GO GETTER AWARD: MEGHAN POLLACK
We are so happy to have you back! You came in like a wrecking ball and didn’t even blink an eye. You’re going to do amazing things this week.